Monday, February 22, 2010

snOMG

It was very wonderful to walk around in the first snowstorm of the 2009-2010 winter season here in DC, the one back at the end of December.  It made everything different.  People were friendlier (while it was actually snowing, at least), people were putting on skiis outside their front doors, there were no cars and you had to walk in the street.  It felt quiet and slow despite there being a good amount of people out, and I felt a different interaction with the same places I've been walking to and past my entire life.

sledding and skiing at fort reno

taking the (invisible) dog for a walk

my street

Walking around also reminded me of possibly my favorite "Boondocks" comic strip of all time:


AND I learned, the very hard way, the lesson that you should never, ever wear liquid eyeliner in a snowstorm.  But I don't have pictures of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment