Thursday, February 18, 2010

Traveling in Style

I think that Thailand's buses rock the hardest (click the pic for the full effect):


Just looking at that is a party.  Not to mention that they are also staffed with the equivalent of flight attendants (road attendants?) who bring you beverages and snacks and moist towelettes at the beginning and end of the journey, and the seats recline until you are basically lying down.  Also, check out the inside:


What more could you ask for?  For me, not a damn thing as Jika and I were trying to get out of Bangkok as fast as we could, and this little gem of road-based transport took us to Kamphaeng Phet in 4.5 hours and for $10 each.  After a hellish 7 hours in BKK, this bus was heaven. I love when it turns out like that, completely surpassing the expectations that you didn't even have.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love it, my crew mates promise me they will paint a Jeepney when they go to the phillipines this summer.Gotta have these in the bay, more color, more life...
    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. that's the most awesome bus ever. way better than the m4.

    ReplyDelete